I'll be in Hawaii March 11th. I plan on wearing a two piece swimsuit. Yes, a modest one. I mean, I must spare other visiters and islanders as much as possible from my swiss cheese tail.
I love how people assume that just because I'm a size 4, I'm not fat. Really I'm not "fat" but I do HAVE fat. You see, if I didn't I wouldn't have cellulite and flab under my arms...or a muffin top that rests on my pants. There really are people out there who wear size 1 that are "obese" because they have such little muscle mass. (I remeber that from an Oprah show back in the day).
Anyway...I joined a gym about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. I've been working out, burning calories left and right, sweating like a pig, and yet I feel and look like I'm getting bigger!!! And yes, I'm using less weight and more reps. Please somebody tell me this is normal!?!? I'm sure it's just that my fat is turning to muscle, yeah. Or maybe my muscle if pushing my fat out?? But, I wanted to see some inches fall off. I know it's less healthy, but I usually loose weight/inches faster than this by cutting back my meals. Of course the trainers said my weight is "healthy" so really the inches and flab are my target concern.
The good thing is that I feel sore. I feel my body (deep tissue) getting more firm...it's just not visible yet. I, like many spoiled Americans, want IT NOW! And, it doesn't happen that way. Just when you think you've got patience wooped...God shows you another area to strengthen. Literally. So, I may not have a Victoria Secret Model toosh in time for Hawaii (or ever really) but, at least there's hope for the future.
The Misadventures of J. Carol
Take a walk with me. . . you'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment