Bet you don't know I miss you. Bet you never realized just how much I care. I wanted to rescue you. Save you from yourself. Sometimes I still want to be with you. I want to, but I can't. You're like a sweet honey poison to me. I think you know a large part of me wants to be with you. I'm pretty sure you want to be with me too. I see it in your eyes, I feel it from your heart, I hear you try to cover the sound in your voice. You know what you have to do. You know I'll never make you. I won't because I care. I won't because you need to do it for you. I won't because if you stopped for me it wouldn't last. I want you to stop for you so that you'll feel close to God again. I want you to stop so you'll see Him bless your life. I want you to stop so you'll live a longer healthier life. I want you to do it for your future wife. She'll be the one lucky lady.
You say you have plenty of time but none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. You say you're young but you're only getting older. You are you and no one else. Not your brother, not your friends not your coworkers. Listen to your heart. Listen to the still small voice. Happiness does not come in a bottle...it's found in the living Word of God. You know that. Stop playing and LIVE!!
Looking back on my dating life I see there is a pattern. I tend to be the messenger, the mender, the fixer upper...I just haven't ever ended up on the good end of the deal yet. Usually just the other end of the phone line with someone saying "Thank you". If it weren't for you...she and I...I'll never forget you...can't wait to see the man you end up with one day...he'll be the luckiest. And I'm thinking yeah, well, if you'd listened a long time ago and changed your ways sooner that lucky man could be YOU. Nahhh... God's way is best and He makes no mistakes.
It's ok. If this is how God uses me...then It is well with my soul. This too shall pass. He will never leave nor forsake me. His ways are just. He knows the desires of my heart. Amen.
The Misadventures of J. Carol
Take a walk with me. . . you'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi! Hang in there! God won't let you down! You seem to be making the right choices for the right reasons!
I am a 42 yr old mom of 2 sons. My oldest sounds a little like your honey poison...he's not dependant though, just hard-headed. I can tell you as a Mom of such a son, that you are making the right choice.
Stay tucked up under the wings of God, He will reveal you in the proper time. The Proverbs say, 'he who finds a wife, finds a good thing', one day a man will be thanking God when he finds you!
I found you from Tiff!
Have a great weekend!
Maria
Post a Comment