The Misadventures of J. Carol
Take a walk with me. . . you'll see!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Small, timely gifts from God.
Today would have been a great day to sleep in. The room temp. was great, my sleep position was cozy, the pillow was smooshed up just right...ahh...it was some good sleep. As I was getting ready to start the work week, I was thinking, "man, I'd love to just be able to hang out with mama today at her house. I could do most of my phone errands from there." I end up leaving the house about 6 min too late which increases my heart rate just a bit cause I hate being late for work. I get nearly to Oxford and my phone rings. It's Ash! Ye aye! We talk pretty regular on the work mornings since we both commute (even though we see each other all day once we get there). We share a special friendship which I'm thankful for. However, today she wasn't calling to pre-chat. Turns out, Dr. E is sick today and she wanted to let me know before I got all the way there. I hate he's sick, but I've enjoyed the day off. Instead of me taking the long list of phone calls I had made out to try and squeeze in between patients and lunch...I was able to do in relaxation....from Mama's house...after all. I brought Sam kitty over with me and he's enjoyed hanging over at Nana's as well. I had coffee with Mama, chatted, got my phone calls accomplished as much as possible, ate lunch here and even had a nap. It's been a good day and an answer from God! I feel so pampered from my first Love. God makes me smile and laugh sometimes the way he reminds me that He Knows I like romance and gifts/surprises. He says, "you may be single but I created the love languages and I will never leave you nor fasake you, Julie. I know your needs." Yes, sir. I love you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love those unexpected gifts from God, as well! I enjoyed your post today. Can't wait to see ya sweetie! Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment