Ok. It's been a while since i've posted (I realize this) so, I apologize. Of course I'd love to say that sometimes "i just don't have much to say" but, that's probably not realistic for me. It's probably more that I have to really say to myself, "if you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all". Wish I had this completely mastered by now...I don't. You'd think that taking the time to think before speaking would be effortless. Maybe for some, not for me. The thing is, I never ever want to hurt, disappoint, discourage, etc...anyone at anytime. I'm human and I mess up. Often.
Somehow I find it my unspoken "job" to make those around me smile, laugh, feel good about themselves and generally just be happy. I like to be there for friends, family and coworkers to talk to me whenever need may be. I need to feel needed/helpful. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed. I end up carrying around so many outside issues that I feel weighed down myself. I'd take this burden any day over people "sparing me" their problems. Like I said I NEED to feel needed...I'll deal with the monkey. One of my favorite quotes ever is by Bill Cosby. "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone." Thanks Bill!! Even more thankful for God and his patience and guidance.
The Misadventures of J. Carol
Take a walk with me. . . you'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
hey Jules!
it's time for another post, sweetie. Look at your counter at the bottom -- see how many people have been anxiously awaiting??? Love you-
I have a job. I work an hour away from home. And no computer at my house. Have mercy on me.
Post a Comment