Hey ya'll! It's been a good weekend so far. I arrived here in Jackson about 8pm Thursday evening. It's been non stop ever since. Yesterday Aubrey and I delivered goody bags to senior citizens, shut-ins and the disabled. Mainly we were just out to inform them of the organization and the services that Grace Givers offers. Today we went to a recently widowed ladies house to do yard work. Wow! We bagged up 48 bags of leaves!!! And, 36 of those were 55 gallon bags! We were there about 4 and a half hours. By the time we left we felt so blessed just to have the opportunity to help her out.
I won't be able to move tomorrow. I've recently joined a gym, but that was the best workout i've had in the past 3 weeks!! Hooray for yardwork. There's no way that 80 plus year old lady could have handled that chore on her own. I couldn't have done that job on my own at my age! (All of this made me miss my Granny's backyard.)
What a blessing it is to give to others. Just putting someone else's needs before my own and not expecting anything in return...warm and fuzzy inside. Coming together with a team of fellow Christians...the presence of God was definitely there. I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends who've listened to God speak to their hearts and follow his will for this non profit organization.
P.S. If you know of anyone in the Jackson, MS or surrounding area with a need(orphans, homeless, senior citizens, shut-ins, hospital patients or loved ones in waiting rooms, etc.)...you can go to their website: GraceGivers.org. They'd love to serve and share.
The Misadventures of J. Carol
Take a walk with me. . . you'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is so sweet! I'm glad that you're having a good time! It really does make you feel good to be able to give to and serve others that need and deserve a good blessing!
Hey! I saw a book you might be interested in. It is at this link.
http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=B3155-00-11
Post a Comment